Specialty Retail POS Systems
Specialty retailers can be found in every community regardless of how big or how small that community is. By definition, a specialty retailer sells products that are more specialized and specific items. For example, cell phone outlets or video game stores are considered to be specialty retailers. Additionally, they have more specific needs and requirements where a POS system is concerned compared to other types of retail operations. A retail chain that specializes in a particular brand of clothing may also be defined as a specialty retailer.
As a result of this growing market, specialty retail POS systems have become more popular and even necessary. The type of POS system that you purchase will depend on the demands of your everyday business operations. Do you operate a single location or are there multiple ones? Is your retail business a “mom and pop” operation or are there a number of employees that you manage? These are just a couple of the questions you will need to answer when you start searching for a POS system that best facilitates the daily needs of your business.Home > Retail Industries > Specialty Retail
Specialty Retail POS Software
The Radiant Retail Solution for Specialty Retailers
Specialty Retail POS Systems CounterPoint is customizable, allowing you to configure the software to fit the needs of your business. Our local support teams can tailor your solution how ever you see fit. Our portfolio of clients is diverse, including battery stores, apparel retailers, franchises, zoos and aquariums, universities, museums and coffee shops.The Radiant Retail Solution helps thousands of retailers of all sizes maximize their profit opportunity with a solution that is both innovative and time-tested.
CounterPoint includes a robust inventory management system, touchscreen point of sale (POS) ticket entry, built-in customer loyalty programs, automated purchasing and impressive reporting capabilities. Instant inventory updates let you know what’s in stock, on order, and in transit. Track your customers, control your purchasing, retain detailed sales history, or open an online store-CounterPoint includes everything you need to streamline your business and boost your bottom line. CounterPoint has all the features you need to efficiently and effectively operate your business at its fullest potential.
Features beneficial to Specialty Retailers:
* Three dimensional grid for inventory, ordering, and reporting in color/size/width
* Kits at point of sale for bundling items
* Graphical management dashboard
* Quick Reports-Create custom views of what you want to see, and how you want to view it. Add that View to a button in the POS for future reference
* Print admission tickets at the point of sale
* Manage sales, returns, orders, special orders, backorders, and layaways on the same ticket
* Track customers’ favorite colors, size, etc. with user-defined profile fields
* Suggest items, substitute items and link Items
* Robust Multi-store capabilities. Easily view and transfer items from store to store, while each store data is synchronized across multiple sites
* View your history from any point in time-6 months, 12 months, 2 years, or 20 years.
* Integrated credit. Radiant hardware builds in the credit card swipe directly on the terminal. Eliminating EOD transaction reconciliation and double-entry
* Open-database enables you to easily pull your information out of CounterPoint into other programs such as Microsoft Excel or Adobe Acrobat
* Wireless Inventory Scanning-With inventory management, handhelds are instrumental in streamlining receiving, counting, ordering, and audits
* Modern touchscreen interface allows you to train employees in 30 minutes
* Enhanced Security features
A specialty retail POS system can provide you with certain advantages that you normally don’t encounter with the traditional cash register and checkout operations such as:
o real-time visibility of the operation whether it is one location or multiple locations
o detailed information about your customers, inventory, and sales
o customer service applications
Additionally, if you have a larger business, the demands will be greater and a more advanced specialty retail POS system may be a wise choice. The key is to investigate the POS systems and the companies that sell them as thoroughly as possible in order to find the best quality at the best price. Naturally, if you have budget concerns or restraints you will have to really fine tune your search.
Here are some additional considerations to be aware of where installing a specialty retail POS system is concerned. Look for a system that:
o can enhance your customer service levels and can increase your sales using customer loyalty programs, promotional messaging, and suggestive selling
o optimize your inventory so that you have the right products available to your customers when they need them using critical merchandise allocation and planning applications
o reduce the training time of new employees so that they can deliver attentive and responsive customer service
o is easy to install, easy to learn, and easy to learn
o analyze and identify your customer purchasing trends as well as new opportunities in the market
o perform extensive searches for new items that will broaden your inventory
Another suggestion is to search for a specialty retail POS system company that has a physical location, not just a website. You want to be assured that they are available whenever you need them.